Friday, April 11, 2008

'Tis the Season of Easter



Though it was 3 weeks ago, I think it's still safe to blog about Easter, right? Cody's family has a tradition called "Easter on the Hill." Every year the Cutler crew climbs up a big hill near Tremoton to celebreate! We started off with building a fire to escape the cold and then roasted hotdogs. We had a smore fest with extra chocolate for me and then it was egg time! Each person brought their own beutifully decorated eggs...we're talking a dozen a piece so we had A LOT of eggs! We got to the top of the hill and the races began. Each of us tossed an egg down the hill...then another...and then another until the whole hill was coverd in boiled egg crumblings (definitely a feast for the birds). The egg that made it the furthest distance with the least damage won. Guess what?!? Cody won! I was so proud:) Then we climbed a little higher up the hill for our egg hunt. We stared with the kids. Each grandkid had there own designated egg to hunt down. Then the married grandkids went. We were all in search of the same silver egg with lots of $ hidden inside. I was about 5 feet away from it when Brandon (Cody's cousin-in-law) came up and snatched it away. It didn't do well for my competative nature. Then it was the parents turn. They were in search of the golden egg. This hunt lasted awhile. They were looking under every rock, gravel pile, sage brush, and cow pie in sight! Finally Tyler (Cody's uncle) found the treasure. We had such a great time! It started to warm up a little so we could enjoy a kite flying contest. After the Hill Extravaganza, we all headed to Grandma's for easter baskets. She is so generous. We loved our basket and all the goodies. Here are a few pictures. We tried to take more, but our camera doesn't work if the batteries get cold. We did manage to get a few though...enjoy!




8 comments:

Amanda said...

What a fun tradition! It looks like you had a fun, chilly time. Muah! Loves!

Mom Moon said...

How fun, I didn't know anything about this. We missed not having a Jerusalem supper this year. We were too busy partying with Nate, Sarah and Kierscha this year. Maybe we could do it delayed this year? We'll see.

Andrew said...

Sounds way fun Cams! Sorry about that egg though. I know I wouldn't have been very happy either.

Moon family said...

How cute. I love hearing other family's traditions for the holidays. Sounds like you guys had lots of fun.

Too bad you don't live closer, we'd let you babysit Parker and burn some of that "baby hunger"! :) Glad you liked the video and we're not the only ones who can't get enough of our cute boy!

Christine said...

Wow...what an event! Loved all the details and pics! I really enjoy competitions...how FUN!

Marianne said...

That's sounds like so much fun! I wish the easter bunny hid money in our eggs!!!

Brooke said...

You're a good sport to put up with our crazy tradition! So glad you're part of the fam! It was a fun day...

malibumoons said...

wow, that is a sweet tradition. really original and unique. i would love to do something like that. man, i would be all over that silver egg. you know it. it's all about the the competition!
i love it.