Monday, May 12, 2008

1st Week in Ohio

This week has been great! Cody's been selling lots of pest control and keeping our tech busy! He's made the transformation into total Bug Man. He is working so hard! He really puts his heart into everything he does. He's been so busy running from one thing to the other, he’s only picked up his guitar once the whole time we've been here! That's just craziness. I do everything I can to help, but how do I study for the DAT for him or make sales for him or pump the iron for him??? What's a helpless wife to do? I guess as long as I give lots of love, be Mrs. Supportive, keep his tummy full, and keep a clean shirt on his back, that's all I can do. Let's just say, I married the best of the best. With all he has going on, he still makes time for me. So I'm bragging a little…but I seriously love my hubby, and I just can't keep it hush:)

As for me, I have really enjoyed working with the company. It's nice to be more involved with the same things as Cody. My job has been pretty easy so far because our team isn't here yet! It's just Cody, me, our manager, and one tech. We had one other sales rep arrive Saturday so things should pick up a bit. The team is great. I'm the only lady around so I get teased big time! It's all good though. We have a ton of fun and are probably much too loud when we all get together.

Sunday was my favorite day this week. Our ward is so awesome! I've never had so many people make an effort to introduce themselves and welcome us to the ward. It's a huge change from VA last summer. Ohio really is so friendly. I love it here! We also have tons of medical/dental students in our ward going to Ohio State, so it will be good for Cody to get some advice and such.

It was a blast having the missionaries over for dinner yesterday. You can tell they work hard and have that light that you hope to see in every missionary. Elder Cook is from Idaho and Elder Kennedy is from California. Interestingly....neither one of them had heard of Hawaiian Hay Stacks! I was definitely surprised! It was just one of those things that was frequently in the Moon home, ya know? Luckily, they both loved it (or are just both very polite;). They finished a whole plate and went for seconds! Even so, we still had tons of leftovers so we got as many guys from the office over to finish it off. Oh, and they also had never had cheesecake for a crowd! I guess they are just both family recipes or something. (Christine...just so you know...I live by the cookbook you compiled. I have a whole cupboard-full of new recipe books back home...but I almost exclusively use yours! So thank you, thank you! It's the best:)

Well after an afternoon of entertaining, we were very excited to talk to Casey! I was surprised how long we got to chat away, but it really was so great. I was glad to get to know him a little bit better. We have permission to go to his departure farewell and are so stoked! I think Cody is going to sing a duet with him as well. It will be nice to finally meet the Elder I've heard so much about I question if we really haven't met yet.

Well family, until next week. We love you!

8 comments:

Marianne said...

What a cute wife you are turning into! I totally use Christine's cookbook too!

Moon family said...

Is Cody's brother serving in Ohio? You sound like you are doing well. Keep up the hard work and have fun wherever you are. I think I'm going to have to go make some cheesecake for a crowd now. toodles...oh wait, I'm not you...Later

Keith

Cody and Camille said...

Haha...it's true...I say toodle way too much:) Cody's brother is actually in Pennsylvania. I think it is about six hours away, so not too bad of a drive compared to what we've been doing lately!

malibumoons said...

Okay, so i totally use Christines cookbook like once a week. that is awesome...and i am excited to get your weekly updates. better than every other month. sounds like you guys are havin a good time. is it warm there? do you guys have a pool again?

Cody and Camille said...

Haha...I know. We are working on blogging more. It was pitiful during the school year. It's not that warm here yet. It's been really rainy and we've had a bunch of tornado warnings. Yes, we have a pool...two actually! One indoors and one outdoors. It's so great!:)

Andrew said...

I love the weekly update thing too, I think I'll try to do better.

Ok, so even I consult the Christine Cookbook for most of my cooking needs (which isn't often, but when I do...)

Christine said...

Awe...you guys are so sweet...I'm so glad the recipe book gets used! Yay!

Kallee said...

I had some friends at USU who are now going to dental school at OSU. I was just wondering if Brian and Rachel Dansie are in your ward? Just let me know,
thanks Clayton Cook