We headed to the emergency room to have them take a look. They took some X-rays and sure enough, it was broken! The bone only overlapped a bit so it wasn't too horrible having them straighten it out. However, the second the doctor grabbed my toe to wrap it, I just about died! She asked me if I was just anxious or if she was really hurting me. With no hesitation I replied, "You really are hurting me!" Well once it was wrapped, they put a shoe on my foot that has no flexibility at all. This is to prevent the toe from rolling once I start walking again. The hospital staff was great! I would go back to that hospital any day! Well Uncle Rich was kind enough to meet us at the hospital to bring me some crutches. He followed us to the pharmacy to pick up my pain medicine and then to our apartment to join Cody and Casey in giving me a blessing. Thank you Cody, Casey, and Uncle Rich!!! I'm feeling much better and haven't taken any pain medication all day! It hasn't been easy being immobile but the boys have been awesome with helping out! Derek and Casey are quite the cooks. I've been way impressed:) The doctor says it should be healed in 2-3 weeks and I should be able to start walking in a few days. Cross your fingers! Thank you to everyone for all the many calls! I appreciate your thoughts and loves so much!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
My little piggy went "wee, wee , wee!"
It's true. This past Sunday I broke my little pinky toe on the right foot. I was chatting away on the phone with my awesome brother, Andrew, and trying to shave my legs at the same time! Maybe I was multi-tasking just a little too much. Well, the water was too loud for me to hear Andrew, so I changed my mind about the shaving. I turned to step out of the tub, got my left foot out successfully, but my right foot didn't quite lift high enough. I'm just not use to the tall jacuzzi tub!:) I sure do love it though! Anyway, I jabbed my toes into the side of the tub wall and fell right out onto the floor. Cody came to my rescue immediately and Andrew just kept jabbering away! Haha...it was pretty funny! I made every attempt to crawl over to the bed while still carrying on a pleasant conversation. Eventually I just had to let Andrew go and then Cody helped me up onto the bed. Once my toe started deforming and dimpling, we figured it's gotta be broken! After Cody made a million calls to everyone we knew trying to get a diagnostic of my toe...we concluded it really was broken.
We headed to the emergency room to have them take a look. They took some X-rays and sure enough, it was broken! The bone only overlapped a bit so it wasn't too horrible having them straighten it out. However, the second the doctor grabbed my toe to wrap it, I just about died! She asked me if I was just anxious or if she was really hurting me. With no hesitation I replied, "You really are hurting me!" Well once it was wrapped, they put a shoe on my foot that has no flexibility at all. This is to prevent the toe from rolling once I start walking again. The hospital staff was great! I would go back to that hospital any day! Well Uncle Rich was kind enough to meet us at the hospital to bring me some crutches. He followed us to the pharmacy to pick up my pain medicine and then to our apartment to join Cody and Casey in giving me a blessing. Thank you Cody, Casey, and Uncle Rich!!! I'm feeling much better and haven't taken any pain medication all day! It hasn't been easy being immobile but the boys have been awesome with helping out! Derek and Casey are quite the cooks. I've been way impressed:) The doctor says it should be healed in 2-3 weeks and I should be able to start walking in a few days. Cross your fingers! Thank you to everyone for all the many calls! I appreciate your thoughts and loves so much!
We headed to the emergency room to have them take a look. They took some X-rays and sure enough, it was broken! The bone only overlapped a bit so it wasn't too horrible having them straighten it out. However, the second the doctor grabbed my toe to wrap it, I just about died! She asked me if I was just anxious or if she was really hurting me. With no hesitation I replied, "You really are hurting me!" Well once it was wrapped, they put a shoe on my foot that has no flexibility at all. This is to prevent the toe from rolling once I start walking again. The hospital staff was great! I would go back to that hospital any day! Well Uncle Rich was kind enough to meet us at the hospital to bring me some crutches. He followed us to the pharmacy to pick up my pain medicine and then to our apartment to join Cody and Casey in giving me a blessing. Thank you Cody, Casey, and Uncle Rich!!! I'm feeling much better and haven't taken any pain medication all day! It hasn't been easy being immobile but the boys have been awesome with helping out! Derek and Casey are quite the cooks. I've been way impressed:) The doctor says it should be healed in 2-3 weeks and I should be able to start walking in a few days. Cross your fingers! Thank you to everyone for all the many calls! I appreciate your thoughts and loves so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
So remember how I talked to you TWICE today and you didn't even mention it? Ummm...you funny girl. I had NO idea. Glad you're okay and taken care of. LOVES!
Tee hee...sorry! It really hasn't been on my mind too much today. I actually just took like 5 steps without crutches or hopping around! Yeah!:)
I totally didn't realize how serious it was. I thought you just stubbed your toe. That is no big deal, but when you had to get off, I was like "oh, that must have really hurt." And then I heard dad pick up the phone and saying something about how he's sorry your hurt and I realized it was probably broken. You only call mom or dad about pain when you have to go to the ER. Like when Cody and the ring... yeah, well w/e.
Okay, this was what I was trying to say . . an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure . . . meaning be sure to stay off your toe as much a possible so it will heal as fast as possible. Of course, I know you know this already. . . I do remember a doctor telling me that if I really wanted my sprained elbow to heal quickly to NOT USE IT. That was hard with a four year old, a two year old and a baby, but I hired a neighborhood girl to come over and help me and we actually got through it during the Christmas holdiay season and it deal heal in record time. There's my two cents. We love you, Camille!
Oh, Camill-ee...yikes! I'm so sorry...those little "piggies" really DO hurt when they get broken. The false panel-front on our bathroom cabinet fell on my pinky toe last summer, and I thought I was going to die!!! Luckily, Austin saved me. He can make a great pbj in a pinch, and single-handedly took care of me and the girls while I was recuperating. Love. that. boy! We will pray for your rapid recovery...xoxo
Oh Camille!
Im so sorry! What a moment to remember though! Your a trooper! I hope you get better soon! Love ya!
Ker
Camille, I love that you aren't negative about this at all. You have such a good attitude. I too hope you heal quickly, it must stink hopping around everywhere. THat reminds me of when Nate tore his achilles tendon. Life was much harder.
Bytheway. I did read your WHOLE post about your cruise. I loved it, but by the time I got done, I had read so much, I didn't know where to start commenting. So just know, that I loved to hear all the details and see all the pics of what ya'll did. Seriously so jealous. I wanna go.
I'm so sorry! I just found out about your poor toe. That must have hurt so bad! You look so cute on that hospital bed. You really do have such a good attitude.
Hey qt pie! i am so sorry to hear about your injury! gosh...i wouldn't have suspected a brunette to be so clumsy:-) Just kidding girl! i hope you are feeling better and I love you...i'm excited to see you in a few short weeks. When are you guys getting back? The weekend before school?
Post a Comment