Sunday, September 7, 2008

The FULL MOON Reunion!

We had such a great time with the Moon's at the family reunion! We just love spending time with family. The fun started at Mueller Park up in the mountains of Bountiful. We built a fire to roast hot dogs and marshmallows and then threw around the volleyball for awhile. The next morning we attended a session at the Bountiful Temple. The temple is absolutely beautiful! We had lunch in the cafeteria and then headed home to snatch up all the grandkids for a day at 'This is the Place Heritage Park.' We took a ride on the train, the kids rode the ponies, and we just had to make a stop at the ice cream parlor on our way out. The next day we made our way down to Seven Peaks and spent the day playing in the water. Cody was brave and went down all the crazy slides. I went down most of them but just couldn't do the free falls:) One of the best parts about the reunion was seeing all of our nieces and nephews reactions to everything (the animals at the park, the water slides, etc.) They just get so excited about all the new discoveries they make! Cody and I seriously love being an aunt and uncle. Cody can make kids laugh so hard, they're fighting for breath! He's kind of taken on the role of family clown. It's so cute to see his interactions with the kids!:) I just love it. Well that night we had a talent show. We enjoyed piano, voice, and comic performances. Cody composed a song about the Moon family. It was hilarious! Here is a bit just to give you an idea...

Moved on down to Utah
With hopes to educate my brain
Fell in love with a beauty
My heart's never been the same
Then I met her family
Became a quarter Moon
We all got together in Utah
To sing this old Moon tune

You got 3 girls and 3 good boys
Momma and Papa Moon
Momma knows all the piano blues
Dad goes, goes, goes some more!
Our family's growing
But one thing stays the same
You'll never out beat a Moon
At any card or board game

He went on to sing a blurb about each member of the family. I must say...it was pretty darn cute! Well the next day, Keith blessed Mailey in my parent's ward. It was really special. Mailey is such a beautiful baby girl! That evening we had a family devotional. Later, Cody and I pulled out the top layer of our wedding cake that had been sitting in my parent's freezer for a year and 4 months! We were in Ohio for our anniversary and didn't get a chance to cut into it until then. It actually tasted alright. We each had a bite, shared some with our family, and then just chucked the rest. It was fun to relive such a special day in our lives though. It's incredible how fast time has gone by. We have had a wonderful first year (+ 4 months!).

Here are a few shots from the Moon Reunion fun:

5 comments:

Cody and Camille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
malibumoons said...

thanks for sharing your view of the reunion. wish i could have been there to hear the rest of the verses Cody wrote. And I SO would have gone on that waterslide had I been there. Talk about wedgy though.

Marianne said...

I love the song Cody wrote. I'm sure he'll be singing for many years to come.

Moon family said...

I love the pics you guys took. They are some of my favorites!

Megan said...

Camille, your big family looks so fun! Todd and I's families will not be that big for a VERY LONG TIME! I'm glad you guys are having a good time after this summer...you deserve it!