Sunday, September 13, 2009
Spilt Milk
As always, I'm in a rush to get out the door each morning to make it to work on time. As a result, I have become accustomed to eating my breakfast in the car. Well one particular morning I had a nice little bowl of cereal positioned on my lap with my baby bump supporting it. I drive with my left hand and eat with my right hand... (not to scare all you Indy drivers out there!) Anyway, so as I had just pulled out of our driveway and was leaning forward to adjust something on the GPS, my large (and very in charge) baby bumper tipped my cereal bowl forward resulting in quite the gush of milk to spill all over my lap and rear. Well I dried it off the best I could with whatever napkins and tissues I could find in the glove box and hoped that after the 40 minute commute it would be dry. Wishful thinking!!! So I arrive to work and only some of the front has cleared up. I check my rear in my car window as I walk into work. Yeah...pretty noticeable. So I decided to just stick up my chin and walk in as confidently as possible hoping no one would be checking out my behind! Well it didn't help the situation that I arrived the same time all the parents were dropping off their kids to school. Even so, I just kept walking towards the school acting like nothing was the matter. Just as I'm about to step into a mini-crosswalk to the front entrance of the school, I hear a lady yelling "Ma'am, ma'am, ma'am!!!" while running in her black heels and flelling her arms all about. I knew what was coming and braced myself. When she reached me, she whispered, "Ma'am, you're leaking fluid!" So I say, "Oh, not to worry, it's just spilt milk." Then she said a bit more slowly, "no really, you're leaking fluid!" Seeing as I had confused her with my cliche, I went on to explain my breakfast eating habits. It wasn't until I had assured her my water hadn't broken that we went our separate ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
haha I am laughing out loud :) Cute story.
I think I just wet my pants reading that! That is classic!
haha that is so funny!
The lady should have known better than to call you ma'am--the proper name is bumper!! love you girl...had me rolling!
BAHAHA that has to be one of the funniest stories ever!!!!
how funny! What a nice lady to insist that you're leaking fluid. Nice to know people are looking out for you!
HAHAHA! That is awesome! I could totally picture that in my head! Oh, it was nice of her to be so concerned for you though. Perhaps you should stick to handheld breakfeasts that don't require any dishes or utinsels, just your hands. :D
Love ya!
Hahaha! Love it -- Love you. Will you do me a favor and submit that to Readers' Digest? Seriously . . . you could make money on that! :) Love your guts!
lol! you rock Cams! Love it.
That is a hilarious story! Thanks for the laugh!
omy crap! that was hilarious! Did our baby actually kick over the milk? NOw that, that would be cool.
haha that's hilarious! It reminds me of the time i was in Virginia (so not many lds people) and I walked out of the bathroom and through the food court of a mall, and this lady was running after me the whole time saying "ma am, ma am," and then she was like " Your skirt is tucked into your, ummm.." obviously she didn't know what garments were but yeah my skirt was tucked into them. But I was just thinking about you guys cause Braxy's b day is this week and so is your little guy's!!
Post a Comment