Have I mentioned I have the BEST sisters... EVER! That's right. EVER. They have been my role models since day one. I have always looked up to them and always will. With my oldest sis moving out and gettin' hitched when us little ones hadn't even hit our teens, we never really had the chance for some good ol' girly time. Not to mention we've been on opposite sides of the country for the past 8 years! Needless to say, we were all itchin' for the sisters to get together. So.... we all went to time out. Time Out For Women (TOFW) that is! It took place in Nashville, so Marianne flew in from Seattle and spent a night here in Indy before our road trip down to Tennessee to meet up with Christine.
:love them:
When thinking what I could make us for dinner that night, all I could think of was the childhood days when Marianne was enthralled with her mashed potatoes. Maybe my memory is skewed, but I'm pretty sure the mashed potatoes were always conveniently positioned next to her plate for Sunday dinners... like every week. Oh, and the spoon was also pointed towards her for easy access after the prayer. I think I now understand why she always volunteered to mash those potatoes every week! So... that's what we had for dinner that night in Indy. The traditional roast and taters... with the potatoes positioned next to Marianne's plate:)
This is called the "please oh please, no picture while I wipe gravy off my face" look.
This is the "seriously Mar, not even cool" look:)
We chatted late into the night and had to fix up the nails while we were at it.
Cody stayed entertained with his late night snack. Marianne gotta a kick out of his traditional cereal with milk and yogurt. The whole yogurt thing came as a bit of a shock. What can I say... it's a Cutler men thing.
Jaden loved chillin' with his Aunt Marianne. They were instant friends.

I missed this guy. A lot.
and this one.

This was the first, yes the FIRST time I had ever spent a night away from my boys. Cody and I were going on four years of zero separation! So... you could say this was quite the milestone for us:)
Next morning we were off on our road trip baby!

We arrived in Tennessee to be greeted by the our cute nieces and nephews. Christine was such a cute hostess (as always) and made us feel right at home. She thought of every detail... right down to the chocolates, fluffy socks and body lotions by our bedside. Thanks sis!
After a wonderful, uplifting, and inspiring evening of TOFW, Christine treated us to some delicious frozen yogurt. Such a cute shop and oh so YUM-O.
Check this baby out. Mar went for the chocolate delightfulness.
I went for the blood orange creation of some sort. Ever had a blood orange? So very red, and so very good.
The remainder of the weekend was simply amazing. My sweet friend, Donna, happened to be there with her daughters and saved us front row seats for Saturday. They were exactly where we had hoped to sit. What a doll! If you haven't ever been to TOFW, I highly recommend it. I feel renewed and inspired to be better. To be the woman I was sent here to be. To keep my focus on the things that matter most.
I enjoyed all the presenters, performers, and speakers so much. Each had an incredible story to tell. I have to say though, Hilary Weeks was one of my faves of the weekend:)
I am so lucky to be a sister to these two wonderful woman. We had the best time together!
Before Marianne's flight back to Seattle and my drive back to Indy, we snapped a few shots by the Nashville temple.
the oldest of the Moon grandkids. love them all.
best get-away ever. love you sistas.
Jaden loved chillin' with his Aunt Marianne. They were instant friends.

I missed this guy. A lot.
and this one.

This was the first, yes the FIRST time I had ever spent a night away from my boys. Cody and I were going on four years of zero separation! So... you could say this was quite the milestone for us:)
Next morning we were off on our road trip baby!

We arrived in Tennessee to be greeted by the our cute nieces and nephews. Christine was such a cute hostess (as always) and made us feel right at home. She thought of every detail... right down to the chocolates, fluffy socks and body lotions by our bedside. Thanks sis!
After a wonderful, uplifting, and inspiring evening of TOFW, Christine treated us to some delicious frozen yogurt. Such a cute shop and oh so YUM-O.
Check this baby out. Mar went for the chocolate delightfulness.
I went for the blood orange creation of some sort. Ever had a blood orange? So very red, and so very good.
The remainder of the weekend was simply amazing. My sweet friend, Donna, happened to be there with her daughters and saved us front row seats for Saturday. They were exactly where we had hoped to sit. What a doll! If you haven't ever been to TOFW, I highly recommend it. I feel renewed and inspired to be better. To be the woman I was sent here to be. To keep my focus on the things that matter most.
I enjoyed all the presenters, performers, and speakers so much. Each had an incredible story to tell. I have to say though, Hilary Weeks was one of my faves of the weekend:)
I am so lucky to be a sister to these two wonderful woman. We had the best time together!
Before Marianne's flight back to Seattle and my drive back to Indy, we snapped a few shots by the Nashville temple.
the oldest of the Moon grandkids. love them all.
best get-away ever. love you sistas.
p.s. Cody gets 10 gold stars for being super-dad for the weekend. He did wonderfully:)
Pictures courtesy of Marianne Denney.
Check her out here.
















8 comments:
What a fun getaway! I hope I can do things like this with my sisters!
Wow, what a fun trip! I've heard such good things about Time Out For Women. And you're so cute to make Marianne mashed potatoes :)! Love the pics!
Hey so did I tell you I served my mission in Hillary Week's brother's ward in my first area and knew them very well so we kinda got to know Hillary just the same haha
Those are such fun pics...so crisp and clear!!! Make me want to get a nice camera. That is so awesome that your got to go to time out...I bet it was amazing like you said! Glad you got to get away with your sister...every mom needs that:)
Looks like you guys had such a great time! You guys are the best and all so gorgeous!
Ah, my beautiful daughters!
that was casey who posted that earlier.
but that looks like such a blast! as i was looking through i was like "hmm, i've never really seen her with her sister like that! ha" i bet you guys had an absolute ball!!!
Wow! Loved this, and lived the weekend all over through your blog . . . I'm am so grateful you and Mar were able to make it out. Too much fun. Thank you for making it happen! You are the best! Love you.
Post a Comment