My hubs is inching closer and closer to 30. He turned 29 years old a couple weeks ago, and to celebrate we thought we'd run a mini-marathon.
Rewind a few months earlier...
We were in the middle of packing up our home and scrambling to make adjustments for our new plan of staying in Indiana.
Cody casually mentions there is race coming up in the Fall and we should run it together.
He's been trying to coax me for the past couple years and it's easy to make excuses when you have little ones and such.
He said it's on my birthday, you have to say 'yes'.
So I did.
Cody was home in between school and staring work, so it was a great jumpstart to our training being able to swap kids.
Training slowed down a bit once he started his job, but we still managed to punch out a 12 mile run before race day.
: pre-race :
Notice how it says "Happy Bday" on our bibs?
The
funniest moment was for me was when a spectator was cheering us on and
said, "Good job Happy Boy" to Cody. I was laughing so hard. She didn't
notice it said ''Bday' until we got closer.
We ran the entire thing together and Cody kindly let me cross the finish line first... what a gentleman;)
The night before we enjoyed some yummy pineapple coconut cake with our friends, the Bakers, who took our kiddos for the night for us:)
We ate a late dinner at Olive Garden to stalk up on our carbs.
Happy Birthday Cody! May the count down to 30 begin:)



6 comments:
how do you still look so happy and pretty at the end of the race?
Old MAN!!! Well at least you were able to run another half-marathon I think I would die if I did that again. Fun Update!
That comment was from Casey
How fun to run in a marathon together! I don't think Scott and my old bodies could handle that... Happy to see pictures of you guys, miss ya to pieces!
Sure are a good looking 29. Enjoy this last year in the 20's. Just so you know the 30's is awesome, too. Each decade has it's pluses. The family is looking so good. Can hardly wait to see you all:)
Post a Comment