Thursday, June 5, 2014

Meet Landon

Landon Dale Cutler
Born early Friday morning, May 23, 2014 at 1:54 a.m.
8 lbs. 1 oz.
21.5 inches



here is his story:

I had my last doctor appointment Thursday evening.  The whole family came along for this one.
2 cm along
I couldn't feel the contractions at this point, but we decided to head on over to the hospital to get things progressing.  We made a stop for dinner, then checked in at the hospital.

40 week belly bump

Cody and the kids headed home shortly after I changed into my hospital gown and got settled in.  He got the kids in bed and my amazing friend, BWade came to stay the night so Cody could return to the hospital.

 Once I was hooked up to the fetal monitor, we could see contractions were occurring regularly. 
We used the balloon like I had with Jaden's delivery to progress things to 4 cm.  This did the trick, and no pitocin or oxytocin dosage was necessary.

Because things progressed so stinkin' fast with Brielle, I knew if I wanted the epidural, sooner would be better.  So about an hour later, my angel anesthesiologist arrived.
They call him Dr. Keith and he is very good at what he does.  My nurse told me he is everyone's favorite, and all the nurses request him when they have their own deliveries.  Lucky me!



I tell ya, he did not disappoint.  In my mind, it was the perfect epidural.  My legs went numb, but I could still move and bend them to a degree and wiggle my toes.
Dr. Stall broke my water shortly after the epidural was administered.  I was between 4-5 cm at this point.
(side note: I have yet for my water to break on it's own... even crazy fast Brielle was born with her amniotic sac still intact!)
Dr. Stall said he'd return in two hours to see how things were coming along.  I tried to get somewhat comfortable as we waited things out. 

Well we never hit the 2 hour mark, because about an hour and a half later, this guy was SOOO ready to come!  I felt immense pressure and knew he was coming and coming right NOW.  I pushed the nurses call button and told Cody to wake himself up.  It was time people!  The nurse assumed I just felt bladder pressure and had to go to the bathroom or something, but sure enough baby was ready!  So she called for Dr. Stall to get in there PRONTO and to get everything prepared for delivery.  Suddenly a swarm of people came in getting this and that set and ready to go.  Dr. Stall rushed in from the break area, while trying to get his shoes back on.  I asked (rather begged really) if I could push... the nurse said we just needed doc with his gloves on and we would be good to go.  As soon as Dr. Stall was in view, I pretty much insisted I start pushing.  So that I did, and 2 or 3 pushes later Landon had arrived!!!  Perfect in every way:)

and straight to momma he came


After a nice long greeting, Landon was weighed, measured, etc.

then right back to snuggling

Dr. Stall has delivered all three of our babies.  He is fabulous!

We hung out with Landon for an hour or so longer.  Just taking it all in.  He nursed like a champ, we took some photos, and just adored all his cuteness.

checkin' out Daddy


At this point it was almost 4:00 in the morning and we needed to catch a little shut-eye.  So we let Landon go to the nursery to get cleaned up and such. 

He returned looking adorable and all snuggled up:)

Cody returned home in the morning to get kids ready and Jaden off to preschool, and surprised me with a little visit that afternoon.

Brielle was so excited to meet her little brother!


Jaden got to meet him later that night on their way to the airport to pick up Grammy.

He just sat and held him.  He is such a good big brother.  His baby talk cracks me up:)

Still hard to believe I'm a mom of 3!

some close-ups of Landon








love these 3 kiddos so much



Meeting Grammy!


So grateful to my MIL for being the awesome Grammy that she is.
She was such a lifesaver that first week home.



after the first sleepy couple of days, it was nice seeing his eyes again

ready to head on home!


Family of 5!!!


Welcome sweet Landon!

3 comments:

Kimber said...

AWWWWW!!!! I love this, I wish so bad I could fly out and help you and the kids. It was so sweet reading it all, can't believe you're a family of FIVE! You're really starting to fill in the whole frame with people and I love it! I want to hold that sweet baby boy so bad! I'm so glad you shared it all and I'm so glad this delivery went well! all week I've been telling Casey how I want to FaceTime you guys, I feel like we haven't talked at ll like the past month, it's like you have a bunch of kids taking up your attention or something…

hope everything is going well without Nan there!

Scott and Jamie said...

Loved reading the whole story! I've been trying to reach you, I bet life is crazy packing and nursing a newborn. Glad to hear he got here safe and sound. He looks so much like Jaden! Congrats, he's adorable.

Mom Moon said...

Wow . . . thanks for helping us to be a part of this wonderful miracle.
Your family is adorable.