Friday, March 13, 2015

: young women :

I've been serving in the young women presidency in our ward for about 5 months now, and it has been such an awarding experience.  I love those girls so much and have learned far more from them then I think they'll ever learn from me.  Here's a few photos that have been collecting on my phone from some of our activities:

making photo boards for our stake new year's eve bash


baptisms at the Gilbert Temple

one of my sweet beehives made these for an activity treat, how cute is that?!

we have a lot of talent in our bunch
here they are practicing for a talent show


New Beginnings!!!
the invite

We did a Candy Land theme!  It was so fun seeing it all come together.

entrance and value path

candy decor

mutual theme and programs

more decor


we had 5 stops along our path
1st stop: introduction of YW logo, motto and theme
2nd stop: introduction of each YW class along with class symbol/motto


3rd stop: testimony sweeteners 
explanation of YW activities including mutual, camp, youth conference, temple trips, etc.


4th stop: Progress Path
Explanation of Personal Progress and the 8 YW values

candy for each value color



5th and final stop: peppermint palace (aka The Temple)


It was a great night... each young woman was able to participate in testimony and/or song, the incoming beehives were introduced, the young women program and mutual theme were explained and the girls had a great time with the candy theme! :)

us beehives were in charge of the refreshments

Sweet B's Bake Shop









Stake Beehive/Deacon talent show

our girls performed "I Won't Say I'm in Love" from Hercules
(We also did a Phantom ensemble of violins, flutes, and cello... we have some awesome talent in our group!)

don't they make the best greek muses?!  so cute!

we met before the show to do hair and costumes
Alishondra was stoked about her curls!

Briley performed as Meg.  She rocked it!

They all did such a fabulous job!  I couldn't have been more proud:)

love yw!

No comments: