Sunday, November 11, 2007

We finally got nabbed!!

This week was spent mostly studying for upcoming exams. Cody has one in Genetics on Friday and Camille has two, one in Natural Disasters on Monday, and one in Accounting on Wednesday. We've been hitting the books pretty hard needless to say. We did, however, find time to go to the USU basketball's season opener on Friday against SUU. It's fun to get the basketball season up and running again. Cody gets really into it. On Saturday USU played against Weber at Weber, and Cody listened intently on the radio in our living room. He was very disappointed when they lost. Camille tries her best to follow along, and asks Cody whenever she doesn't understand whats going on. We finally got a calling in our ward today. We were called to be the ward librarians. We were excited, because we were hoping for something that we could do together. We feel important because we're two of the few who knows the secret combo to the library;) We're also expanding our boundaries in the world of cooking. We have discovered the luxury known as the "crockpot". Last Sunday we made barbecue chicken in it, and this week we left some chicken with alfredo sauce in it to cook while we were at church. It made some good chicken alfredo. It's the best thing since sliced bread!! The weather has been really nice here. We finally got some rain that cooled things off here today, but besides that we still don't have to wear jackets. Who knows how long this will last, but better enjoy it while it lasts!! We're counting down the days till Thanksgiving Break. We can't wait to have a few days off and see you guys.

11 comments:

Christine said...

I too LOVE the crockpot! My latest fav is to cook a roast with BBQ sauce during church, shred it with a fork afterwards and make BBQ sandwiches. Umm...Umm...Umm! (Is that what you did?)

That is pretty special to have the combo to the library...you are very valuable (to everyone else). So, does your copier actually work?

Moon family said...

What a fun calling. That will be perfect for you two. You guys are pretty special, they don't trust just anyone with that special combo to get into the library! (I'm a big crockpot fan too! It's so easy and tastes like you slaved over the meal!)

Marianne said...

I am so sad we didn't make it up this weekend. Sometimes it feels like Scott's homework rules out life. Only 4 more weeks though...YEAH!

malibumoons said...

Our ward librarian is pretty cool. She has cookies on the counter every sunday, but fast sunday. I'm sure you guys will find your own way to jazz up the library.
So what does the "We finally go nabbed" refer to? Your callings?

Moon family said...

What a cute header! I love how you set it up and the pictures are adorable!

Amanda said...

You're just going to have to convert and move to Ogden and go to Weber State. That's how it goes. ;) I'm glad you discovered the crockpot. I think it may be the love of my life!

Cody and Camille said...

We'll totally jazz up the library! It will be the library people only dream about! (And yes, "we finally got nabbed" refers to our callings.)

I must give full credit to Cody for the header. He had a lot of fun playing around with photoshop.

Maybe we'll become Ogden-ites between USU and dental school...I'm just saying maybe...

Marianne said...

If you have cookies on the counter we might have to come and visit!

P.S. A big shout out to Cody from Scott! He is so excited to start lifting again!!!

Jessica Leigh said...

Crockpots are a great thing . . . I'll have to give you some of my recipes :) I agree with Christine on shredding the roast and making BBQ sandwhiches . . . yummy!

When are you going to be in Centerville for the break? You guys should come to the Blessed Feast! I miss you sooooo much! And Mark will be back!

Marianne said...

Camille I just tagged you. Check my blog to see and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Well said.