Well life is wonderful here in Columbus. We have really enjoyed getting to know our ward better as they have involved us way beyond our expectations. We have been working in the nursery for the past few weeks and it has really grown on us. The kids are adorable and keep us busy! Church just flies by! Sister Thomas is also in the nursery and has been great to work with. She's super nice to us and invited us over for dinner last Sunday. Knowing we are new to the area, she and her husband offered to give us a grand tour of Columbus after dinner! How great are they!?! Her husband was raised in Columbus and really knew his stuff! We toured Ohio State University's campus and all around downtown. What a great city with rich history. We loved it! I also had the opportunity to speak in church earlier that day. My topic was "With all they getting, get understanding" based on a talk President Hinckley gave back in August of 1988. He really emphasized the importance of understanding divine principles like gratitude, virtue, and faith. It was really interesting and I learned a lot. Mom Moon requested I post the entire talk, but I'm afraid that would keep you at the computer for longer than necessary. Just let me know if you're interested. Well Cody and I really do love Columbus and wouldn't mind living here for a few years one bit. We're keeping our fingers crossed for OSU!!! Buckeyes, here we come!:)
We're so excited to see Casey this weekend! It's hard to believe 2 years has already gone by since Cody and I met. Casey had just left on his mission and now he's coming home! Time surely does fly. We will leave for Pennsylvania around 5 am on Sunday and arrive in Harrisburg by noon. Cody and Casey want to have some brotherly proselyting time while I attend Sacrament meeting and then we will go to his departure fireside that evening. Cody and Casey are going to sing "Face to Face" as a duet. Cody's been practicing, and not to brag...but he sounds so good! I can't wait to hear them sing together. We plan on staying in Pennsylvania that evening and taking off first thing Monday morning. Casey flies off to Salt Lake around 8 am and Cody and I have to be back in Columbus for a meeting with OSU admissions and work, of coarse. We'll have just the half day to finish up packing for Rome and then we catch our plane on Tuesday morning. We arrive in Rome on Wednesday morning and set sail later that afternoon. We're so excited! Here is a preview of our next blog...


12 comments:
We're so excited for you. Have a greeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat time. Keep Nate and Sarah in your prayers as Nate is on the fire line in CA. The stories you will all have to tell. Wow!
huh? what? you are going to rome? What the? cruise? Can't wait to hear about it! Have fun with all your travelling. I think you and I are very similair in that way. I love to travel.
You guys amaze me...go go go! Can't wait to hear the travel review...wish I could hear the duet. Please e-mail me your talk Cams; I would love to hear more about your topic (sounds like just what I need to study right now).
I wish I could hear the duet too! I love you guys! I know you guys are gonna have tons of fun on the cruise! (Can't I just come and get in a big duffle bag and come with you guys?)
Btw... If you put the music play at the bottom of the screen, we could use the scroll and choose the song to listen too. I wasn't able to listen to bubbly... haha, oh well...
Can I just say how jealous I am! I'm just being honest! Hope you have an awesome trip!!! Love ya!
This is actually Dad Moon and I would also like to read the talks you gave in Church.
You're probably in Rome right now as I am typing. Hope you are having a great time. I want a full report (with pictures) when you get back.
Love you both, DAD
Oh sigh. Rome. My parents went there a few years ago and said it was A.MAZ.ING. I'm soooo jealous! I hope you have a fabulous time!
Hey guys! I am so glad to have found your blog :) It looks like you guys are doing great..and having all kinds of fun. It so great to meet you and have you at the wedding! That was so very sweet of you to come. It was so much fun meeting all of David's extended family :) Love you!
I want to hear from Cody, too! Would you and Casey consider singing in the Lakeview Ward sometime? Is the number you did appropriate for a Sacrament meeting? We ususally have hymn arrangements or sacred athems. This would give a chance to finally meet Casey. When you have a spare minute, would love to hear your version of your dream trip.
Okay, I know you are far, far away, but even so, you are not far from our thoughts and hearts. Hope you're having the time of your life and can't wait to hear from you when you return.
I had no idea you were going to Rome! How fun! I also would love a copy of your talk, sounds like a fantastic topic. Can't wait to hear more of your adventures!
I'd love to read your talk, Mills! And if Casey was in Harrisburg and just got home then he definitely knows Jordan Juarez! They would be from the same MTC groups, in fact! Craziness . . . Loves!
Post a Comment