This past week or so has been full of goodbyes! It started with the Ambassador banquet. I have grown to love these amazing people over the past four years. I have enjoyed being a part of the program and know I am truly blessed to have had the opportunity.


Us graduating gals didn't get a ton of time at the banquet to talk and reminisce so we planned a dinner at the Olive Garden to do just that!:) It was a blast. I'm going to miss these girls tons!
We also had our end-of-year party at the Aggie Connection. This is where I've worked for three out of the four years I've been at USU. This is one of those jobs where the people you work with make ALL the difference. I seriously have made some of my greatest friends during my time here. Cody started working with me about a year and a half ago, which made the experience that much better!:) I love those little callers that I refer to as my "friends, colleagues, and loved ones;)." They will all be missed dearly.
The unforgettable...Lucia Rhodes.
The festivities included an auction of tons of prizes, award ceremonies, end-of-year slideshow (put together by my wonderful hubs), and variety show. Cody played "Lunch Lady Land" which was hilarious.
The Nances did some storytelling and old people impersonations....SOOOO funny!
These gals had me rolling on the floor. They reenacted the funniest moments at the Aggie Connection. They switched up characters and did about 8-10 little skits. I really almost died it was so stinkin' hilarious.
There were a ton of other performances that I failed to get pictures of, but it had to be one of the best variety shows I've seen. At the end of the night, the sweet little callers and other supervisors gave me the cutest goodbye gift. All my favorite treats, favorite drink, written memories, and onesies with their picture put on the front! SOOOO cute! Even our baby will know how great this job was...haha.
We also had a end-of-year luncheon at the famous "Lucia's Palace" to talk about what went well this year and ideas for next year. It was sad knowing this would probably be one of our last hoorahs together. Lucia was a doll and made a yummy little lunch. Her house is so cute, I felt like I was at a proper English tea-party.
Moving across the country is bitter-sweet. We're so excited for new adventures, but it's hard to say goodbye to the ones you love most. We are so grateful to have each other and know that every experience will bring us closer together.
9 comments:
I know how you feel about moving! It is so hard to leave your friends, family, everything familiar. We moved to AR for Tony's internship for three months right after we got married and are living there now. It has been hard sometimes but the best for our marriage. You will grow so close and learn to really depend on each other. I'm excited for you guys!
Bitter-sweet is a great way to describe saying good-bye. So sweet that the relationships were meaningful and dear, which makes it so much harder to say "Good-bye". Ah, the reality of you and Cody moving on is starting to sink in. So glad we will get to see you in October:)
Camille....I'm so excited for you guys...we are moving to Texas in May so I know what you mean about bitter sweet! Good luck with everything!
Hey Camille, you don't know me, but I went to high school with Cody, anyways, I know it's a little late, but I wanted to send a congrats on the up-coming little one!! How exciting!!! Hope all is going well for you three!!
My heart hurts a little right now! I know how it feels to say goodbye to friends and college life. I still miss is dearly but it is also fun to move on. I will miss seeing you guys by 10 days in May :(
I know the feeling. It's hard to leave what is familiar and move to the unknown. You'll love Indiana. The Midwest is great!
Hey, that was my cute cousin Brooke! How fun, and congrats on the pregnancy!
Wow that is a lot of goodbyes. Looks like you had an amazing experience at USU and made lots of great friends. I can't believe you're already done!
I'm missing you and Cody already and we haven't even had our official "Goodbyes" yet. The reality keeps sinking in more and more. Know that we love both of you and are SOOOOOOOO excited about our 10th grandchild on the way:)
Post a Comment