Saturday, May 8, 2010

3

The past three years have been more than I ever dreamed of.  More than I ever expected.  More than I ever anticipated.  And it's all because I married this amazing man of mine.


Disclaimer:  I know I put a lot of details in here that most of you probably don't care to read, and that's totally fine.  This post is really more for me.  I never want to forget our story and how it all began.

It was August of 2006.  Cody was fresh off the mission and I was a crazy little Sophomore girl at USU.  It was the first day of school and we had a big opening social that night in our singles ward.  I was brushing my teeth in the kitchen before my roomies and I took off.  On their way out, Cody and his roommate stopped in to meet the girls of Apartment #12.  When Cody stepped in, all I could think was "HOTTIE!"  It sounds cheesy, but it's true.  Gorgeous blue eyes, big bright smile, and still struttin' that Mexican tan from his mission.  I had toothpaste running down my chin (as I always do when brushing my teeth), but I didn't care!  I flirted any way.  The minute he left, I ran back to tell all my roomies about the hottie across the hall.

We got to know each other a little better that night at the opening social.  Pretty sure we only talked for about five minutes though.  For those of you who knew me well during those days, know I was absolutely OBSESSED with the "chase."  That is, the dating chase.  It was in my blood.  That's right, I was a bit of a gamer... not a player... a gamer.  But anyway, we just so happened to be set up to do a sunday school lesson together the next Sunday.  Yay!

So the following day, Cody stopped by my apartment.  Naturally, I wasn't there.  In fact,  I was on campus pretty much all day, every day, that entire week.  So he leaves me a note with his number.  It wasn't until Friday afternoon, I gave him a call.  We talked for a bit and then thought it would be fun to go to the D.I. to pick out some 80's gear for the big 80's party on campus that night.  Yeah, that was pretty much a blast.  We tried on a ton of outfits... including blue spandex biker shorts!  Not me... that was Cody:)  Anyway, we headed back home and Cody went up to campus for a class.  Meanwhile, I was busy putting those pink sponge curler things in my hair.  I was going for the 80's permy fro look, I guess.  Well I only get half way through and guess who knocks on my door?!?  That's right, CODY!  Not that I wasn't excited, but here I was in sweats and half-done curlers!!!  Not a pretty sight.  He wanted to start up on our lesson, so that we did.... curlers and all.

I really liked preparing the lesson with Cody.  It was great being able to share insights from our personal lives that we could add to the lesson.  I loved seeing Cody's spiritual side right off the bat.  It was obvious he had a strong testimony and I was naturally attracted to that.

Later that night, we were off to the 80's bash along with a bunch of friends.  So fun!  We danced like crazy and then us gals decided to go off and do our own thing.  I know... silly gamer I was.  It all worked out though!!!  It didn't take long before we became inseparable.  We had so much fun!  We did everything together... from grocery shopping, cooking, studying, playing, exercising... everything!  Not to mention.... a bite to the lip, trip to the ER, and three stitches!  It was after that incident and many others, including ramming Cody's car into another car (twice!), and misplacing his mission emblem ring, that I knew he was a keeper!!!


Cody is my rock, my everything, and I feel truly blessed to be his wife.  He treats me like an angel.  And yes, I know we're a bit on the cheese-ball side, but I love that about us.  We still have never spent a night apart and we try to match Cody's tie to my outfit every Sunday.  CHEESE!  But ya know, I love it!  I love us and all that we have become together.  With all that has happened and changed in just three years, I can't even imagine what life will be like and how much our love will grow in 10, 20, 50 years from now!  Not to mention, the rest of eternity!  I will never forget that wonderful day, just three years ago, when we  were sealed for all time and eternity.


Happy Anniversary Baby!

A big thank you to Robert Wood Photography!  These photo pages were taken from our wedding album.  This guy rocks!  Check him out here.

14 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

Loved the story. So cute! Your wedding photos are gorgeous!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

OH HOW PRECIOUS!! I thought your first date was at country swing? You now have a beautiful baby boy together...crazy!!!
Smiles--Kerri

Andrew and MeKenzie said...

Oh how time flies! I can't believe it has already been 3 years.. Very cute story & I hope you are doing well :)

Kimber said...

i love you two :)

Janet said...

Personally, I love hearing the details! Being married to the right one is the greatest thing in life and I love finding people who are as excited about their marriage as I am about mine. After 18 years, I can tell you that as good as 3 years have been, you can expect even better year after year. You and Cody are awesome and I'm so glad we get to see your enthusiasm so much!

Scott and Jamie said...

Nice pics! I wish I had wedding pics that nice. Loved hearing the story... heard parts of it before, but I love details. Hope you had a nice weekend in Nauvoo!

Moon family said...

Ok, I didn't read all of it but I thought this post was so sweet. We love Cody too and are grateful you found someone who is perfect for you!

We actually were missin' you guys at the Moons the other day when we were playing a funny game and Mom said something we all busted up laughing over. You'll have to call us for the details! :)

Brittany said...

Hope you guys had a great weekend getaway! Love all the cute the photos

Jenn said...

You two are just the cutest! I remember hearing all about Cody at the phonathon after you first met him. And I love the cheese!

Brittany said...

Aw, Happy Anniversary! :)

Andrew said...

That was fun to read! I never actually knew how you guys met! I just knew you both lived across the hall! Fun to hear your thoughts! (And that was the first time I heard the word "gamer" in that context and it definitely makes sense. :D)

Happy Anniversary! You both rock! :D

Marianne said...

You 2 are such beautiful people. Happy anniversary you guys! Love you!

Mom Moon said...

Happy Anniversary. So sweet to remember the blessings that have come your way. Three cheers for you and Cody and sweet Jaden.

Christine said...

Loved getting the details...these are beautfiul photos and I think you are a gorgeous bride!