Jaden's birthday was a major holiday at the Cutler house. All the planning and preparation building up to it, the major partying the day of, and then kicking back and relaxing the day after made it feel practically like Christmas! We had sooooo much fun, and Jaden did too (for the most part)!
Note: I think I put more details in here than I have for any other party! I figure Jaden will appreciate it someday!:)
I greeted Jaden in the morning by singing "Happy Birthday to You" probably a dozen times. He had a special blueberry waffle breakfast and then lots and lots of play time all morning long. Good thing we did most of the party prep the night before!:)
:birthday boy eating breakfast:
the theme: 1st Birthday all-star
:the invitation, favor bag assembling, cards received, and birthday boy hat:
The Merkley's came over to watch the morning session of conference with us and help with the food prep. I am so grateful they did! They were a huge lifesaver, and Jaden was in heaven with all the attention he got from Mike:)
The menu: variety of deli sandwiches, chicken & noodle caesar salad, fruit kabobs w/dip, variety of chips & pretzels, veggies, lemonade, other drinks, and cake of course!
:getting groomed for the party and playing with balloons while the guests arrived:
:some of the decor:
:the cake (and cupcakes):
We had our guests do a "Who Knows Jaden Best" quiz as everyone was arriving.
It included 30 questions about some of Jaden's favorite things, stats,
when he reached various milestones, firsts, etc. There were also bonus
points if they wrote down a memory or thought about Jaden. It was fun
to read through the memories everyone wrote, and Jaden will be able to
keep them in his baby book:) The one and only, Lacey, came out on top
with 37 out of 60 points. She won the very prestigious "You Know Jaden
Best" award!:)
:everyone studiously working on their quizzes:
Early on in the party, Jaden found the candy bowl of M&M's. Pretty sure the rest of the story is self-explanatory. Can you tell his whole mouth is blue in the pics?
:some of the party guests:
:some of Jaden's buddies who came to play:
I didn't get any pictures of the older kids... they were probably busy with bubbles and coloring!
:a little bit of us:
:opening gifts:
Everyone was much too generous and spoiled our little man. Thanks so much!
CAKE TIME! Hmmm... maybe feeling a little overwhelmed with all the attention?
A card arrived from Aunt Jess later that day! To say he loved it is a big understatement. He couldn't put the dog barking/singing card down for 2 seconds!:)
Jaden enjoyed his birthday cake much more the next morning:)
After his morning cake, we spent the rest of the day watching conference...
...and playing with all his new toys and presents! Thanks again everyone!
...and playing with all his new toys and presents! Thanks again everyone!
A big thank you to Jaden's Grandmas and Grandpas for sending birthday packages! We got it all on video and it's coming your way soon:)
Happy 1st Birthday to our wonderful and adorable son! Loves and hugs!

















7 comments:
SUPER cute! He is such a cutie for pics! Loved the party, thanks for inviting us.
FUN! A lot of those toys Jaden got we have too...they are great!! Trey did not dig his bday cake that much at first either..LOL! Loved the theme, Happy bday again J-Cutler!!
Man... you go all out, don't you?! Haha... I love the picture of him watching the choir sing... so cute! :)
Yay! Happy birthday Jaden! :)
I so want to hug that cutie pie. What a workout. You only have one child with a first birthday once. Glad you enjoyed it so much:)
He look so cute in his outfit! Love the picture collages as always.
You sure do know how to throw a party. Everything looks adorable! I can't believe he is already one! I hope I get to see him in person someday :)
Post a Comment