Sunday, September 4, 2011

We went to Utah!

I missed my family.  Jaden missed his grandparents.
So we made a last-minute surprise trip to Utah to see the Moons!

Cody was busy in clinics.  I can't say I wasn't nervous to be flying alone for the first time.
Jaden did great!  Perfectly content with his books, toy cars/trains, favorite snacks, and his personal DVD player:)

He was a charmer and won everybody over in no time.  He is one social boy.  During our lap-sitter flights, he rotated himself between me and whoever else would take him:)

Jaden was very excited to get on the plane!

Just chillin' in his seat... doesn't he look thrilled to be getting his picture taken?

To keep the surprise from the grandparents, my brother (Keith) picked us up from the airport.  We spent a day with his cute family.

Jaden was cracking up at Parker.  They jumped in the pack-n-play and read stories.  Too funny!

Jen hurt her ankle the morning before we arrived and was a total trooper!  You rock, Jen!

Parker and Jaden both love Lighting McQueen.  Parker let Jaden borrow his slippers for the day:)
He LOVED them.
Parker, Mailey, and Jaden had a blast together!

We went to the Museum of Ancient Life.  Seriously cool.
Jaden had fun checking out all the "notion of motion" special exhibit stuff.

The dinosaurs and other ancient life were fascinating!

:lots of hands-on stuff to explore:

we ended our museum visit by bidding farewell to this fella...


The chillins hung out in the pool for a little while before we headed to my parents house for the big surprise!

Well, it was definitely a surprise!  I think I might have given them minor heart attacks;)

Jaden quickly discovered the swings in the backyard...

and Grandma Moon's sunhat collection:)

I was glad I had the opportunity to spend some one-on-one time with each of my parents.
My mom and I went to an early morning temple session.  A Samoan session actually!
My dad and I went to see the musical, "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers."  Very delightful.
Thank you for babysitting Jaden!  I'm sure he loved the one-on-one time:)

My sister and her family recently moved back to Utah, so I got to see them too!  Thank you for making the drive out to see me!

We spent some time at the park visiting some old friends who were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary! (they were too cute)

I have the cutest and sweetest nieces and nephews.

Sunday was lovely.  My sweet grandmother came out to see us:)


There's nothing like a traditional Sunday dinner with your fam.  Not to mention, my dad makes amazing green salads.  Pretty good looking too if you ask me!

My little brother flew home from Michigan Sunday night!  It was great to see him!
(Don't ask about our random blanket fiasco.)

We spent our last day in Salt Lake City.
My dad showed me his new office and gave me a little tour of some of the new renovations at the Capital building.


Can you tell Jaden liked climbing all over the marble?

We visited my sweet grandma.  Jaden liked playing with the toy bucket and couldn't get enough of her stuffed bear.

We had lunch at one of my favorites... The Lion House.

We walked around Temple Square.  The flowers and landscaping were as gorgeous as ever.
Jaden always gets excited about the temple... "Temple!  Temple! Temple!"  (over and over)

We hit up the new church history museum on Temple Square.
Jaden had a blast in the kid's area!

:discovering chicken eggs, gardening, and puppets:

:fishing on Nephi's ship:
Jaden made a friend who showed him the tricks of the trade;)

We learned a little Mexican dance and even dressed the part.

We viewed some of the historical exhibits at the museum and then made our last stop at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.  They had displays set up in recognition of the building's 100th anniversary.

:cute moments with Jaden and his grandparents:


A huge thank you to my folks for letting us come stay with you (esp. with absolutely NO notice)!  Jaden loved spending time with his grandma and grandpa Moon.
We both had a wonderful time:)

7 comments:

Erin said...

Camille, looks like you had a fun trip! Your Jaden is so cute and growing up fast. If you ever have extra time when you are out let me know. Logan and I would love to get together with you guys.

Kimber said...

precious!!! so glad you guys got to go! looks like you packed at ton in!

Casey said...

Aww I love Jaden!! CARS CARS CARS!!! I love the picture of him chilling in the airplane seat with his DVD player snacks etc.. I miss him! Hopefully I'll see him soon!

Brittany said...

We need the Cutler tour guide whenever we head out to Utah one of these days for a fam trip. All those places look so fun!

Mom Moon said...

Thank you SO MUCH for coming to see us. It was great! We miss you bunches . . . to think that Jaden and I bonded over the CARS movie ... who would've thought:)

laceymerkley said...

Looks like you had a great trip. The pictures at the capitol reminded me of my high school prom. Ha! (random) Anyway! Cute pics!

Moon family said...

We LOVED seeing you guys! What a fun trip. I need those pictures of our kiddos together! Seriously cute! You packed a lot of awesomeness (that's right, I made up a word!) into one trip and I loved all the photos! :)