We went with a 3-day Baja Mexican Cruise, sailing from LA (just a 6 hr drive away).
It was kind of surreal not having to worry about anyone or anything really. Just road trippin, and uninterrupted adult conversation... awww so nice.
ready to board
exploring the ship . enjoying the view
sunset
late night mini golf (no matter how much I tried, I couldn't beat the man at his own game)
I was a pretty dang good contender in chess and ping pong though ;)
cruise ship night life
1st time trying alligator fritters!
I think a highlight of the trip was catching up on sleep. Wonderful sleep!!
Here we are enjoying breakfast after sleeping in nice and long... (well as long as my built-in momma clock would allow that is).
these guys were everywhere! standing by for any abandoned grub...
Hello Ensenada!
oh the desserts
seriously.. the seagulls were all over it! here they are chowing down someone's lunch.
had the course all to ourselves :)
spotted these guys while atop the boat
then it was time to check out Ensenada!!
Beautiful!
La Bufadora was most impressive
as was the flea market
we went for 2 rounds of the $1 fish tacos! so so good!
spotted some lion cubs
Cody couldn't leave without his favorite apple manzana!
we've sailed carnival before so we were bumped up to the red VIFP club membership.. woot!
(I think the only advantage was complimentary liter-size water bottles, but we'll take it!)
and look how the bunch of sea lions grew while we were out!
a look at our loot from the flea market (stuff for the kiddos, Grammie, and our traditional mug collectable)
Elegant night!
he would...
After our fancy shmancy dinner and getting to know a bunch of fun couples, we changed and hit up the comedy club. I guess I'm getting older since I couldn't keep my eyes open past 10pm! But it was great nonetheless:)
The next morning we hit the gym to try and work off all the food we had indulged in... we got a bit dizzy though with the front of the boat swaying so we hit up some shuffleboard instead:)
Cody was all over the Mongolian Wok (stir-fry bar)
(our lunch time view)
pina colada baby
some afternoon entertainment (game show and newlywed game!)
competed in the cornhole tournament!
didn't take home the prize, but we got some pretty sweet medals for it;)
it was kind of chilly for the WaterWorks park being February, but why not?
nothing but ocean :)
that self-serve ice cream... got us every time.
one more dressy night just for fun
back to Cali we came! such an amazing trip!
We stopped in South Pasadena on our way out to see our dear friends, the Becks. Love them! Always so good to see them again.
Thank you Grammie Cutler for coming out to watch the kids! Couldn't have done it without you! They had all kinds of fun... glow sticks in the bath, arts & crafts, science experiments, movie night, birthday surprises for mommy, chick-fil-A run, and more. She's the best!
Oh how we missed our kiddos, but are so grateful for the time to relax, recharge, and reconnect. Get-aways with the husband are the best!




















3 comments:
Love the striped dress, your hair is looking fabulous in all the photos, and I cant believe you pulled the vacay together so quickly! It looks like so much fun!!
Looked like tons of fun. Glad your clothes made it with you this time. Love you. Dad
Um, could you get any prettier? I submit that you cannot ;) Glad you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment