Sunday, October 9, 2016

May 8th

This year was an extra special anniversary and an extra special mother's day because they landed on the same day!  I felt super spoiled and loved by this sweet family of mine.  Nine years with Cody has been nothing short of amazing.  Love deepens and grows in ways I didn't understand as a newlywed, and I'm so very grateful I get to experience this life and forever with a man like him.  Together we get to watch these cuties grow into the awesome people they are and experience parenthood side by side.  Love this man of mine and these cute littles to pieces.  



a mommy moment

Cody and I tried out a new Italian restaurant the night before, and went to the temple to perform sealings for some of my deceased ancestors.  We had been anxiously working to complete all the necessary ordinances for a family of eight so we could seal the couple and their six children to them for our anniversary temple date.  We grew to love this family as we took each of their names to the temple one by one over the previous few months.  It was such a neat experience and was even more special when we happened to bump into Cody's first mission president while waiting in the sealing office.  It was a wonderful reunion and he was able to perform the sealing for us.  Truly one of the best experiences we've shared together in the temple.   

Cody always throws in a little something to make breakfast extra nice.  This year he surprised me with one of my favorite treats, a fresh fruit tart.  So yummy!  The kids were so cute with all their cards and drawings.

Loved their heartfelt gifts.  They sure know how to pull on this mamma's heart strings:)

Couldn't ask for a sweeter bunch.  They are fun, full of spirt and I wouldn't trade this mom gig for anything in the world.

And this guy is simply the best.  Happy 9th love!

No comments: