Everything was limited as to make things as fair as possible. There were only a certain number of tickets sold to each school, certain number of cheerleaders, band members, etc. Even so...look at the difference of school spirit and pride...not to mention the difference in driving time. The Aggies didn't leave a single seat vacant. Here's what the Deseret News had to say about the fans:
"While both sides drew great fan support, we learned the Aggies can transfer their legendary spirit of the Spectrum home court. The Aggie student section killed the BYU side. They arrived earlier and were louder. It was like USU students came wired for an organized, orchestrated cage fight with a script. BYU's side sounded like they were at family home evening without a lesson plan leader."
What was even more difficult than having to give up home-court advantage, was that we lost by 5 points. The entire game was a matter of a few points. I believe home-court would have taken care of that:) The smiles below are a little deceiving....we were sitting in the BYU section and were dying. We're grateful to Cody's brother for getting us the tickets though! USU was sold out of coarse! Every cheer coming from their side we turned into an Aggie cheer. They probably didn't like us much, but we just couldn't let the Aggies down!:)

7 comments:
Yay! I was there too! I didn't get any Aggie Tickets as well... and I was really bummed, but my hometeaching companion got a great deal on other tickets. We had a group of us carpool down and I hadn't had even close to that amount of fun at a basketball game before.
I was disappointed in the outcome as well, and I was really angry at the refs for being so dang biased. They blue the game for the Aggies. Aggies beat BYU in my opinion.
Anyway, I'm really glad you didn't falter in your Aggie Pride and you cheered for us, even if you were in the middle of the lame, boring, BYU section... :D
Yay! I was there too! I didn't get any Aggie Tickets as well... and I was really bummed, but my hometeaching companion got a great deal on other tickets. We had a group of us carpool down and I hadn't had even close to that amount of fun at a basketball game before.
I was disappointed in the outcome as well, and I was really angry at the refs for being so dang biased. They blue the game for the Aggies. Aggies beat BYU in my opinion.
Anyway, I'm really glad you didn't falter in your Aggie Pride and you cheered for us, even if you were in the middle of the lame, boring, BYU section... :D
Amen, brother.
Oh my goodness, let us dwell on the past. It was a fair game and the paper said it themselves you had the home court advantage there if you say. BYU reallydoesn't care about Utah State as Utah State does. SO give it up already everyone has to lose sometime! But I still love you your fans ugh.... It was fun though too bad you couldn't stay for Christmas lights and food.
Yay for Aggie pride :) I love that part from the newspaper. Our fans really are the best!
What dedication...I had no idea that USU had SO much school spirit...ok, just kidding. It's just been a really L O N G time since I went to school. Yikes! I am getting old.
I can't believe Dad and I have such diehard Aggies in our family. Thanks to Keith and his fam, Dad and I aren't the only Cougars. Rise and Shout the Courgars are still out. Nonetheless, on this game, I'm bugged that BYU didn't come up to USU. Something really bad must have happened the last time.
I know that Wyoming has been grossly abusive to BYU fans. We have Ward members that won't travel up there for games anymore because of the treatment they have received there.
What ever happened to polite shivalry? I guess it's with the polite Family Home Evening bunch? Much love to you cute AGGIES.
Post a Comment