Friday, May 29, 2009

The BIG Move

"Indiana, here we come!"
Our First Home As most of you know, we recently moved to Greenwood, Indiana! We are officially Hoosiers! We're pretty much settled in, just a few more rooms to decorate...my favorite part:) The drive wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was nervous to be driving separately from Cody since we usually keep each other awake on our cross country trips. He drove the big old moving truck with our car being towed behind him. I drove our other car following closely behind. All I had to do was follow the big, yellow blob in front of me! We broke it down into a few days so it really wasn't bad at all. We stayed in Green River, Wyoming the first night to say our goodbyes to the Cutler Crew. The next day we drove to North Platte, Nebraska. The next journey was to Des Moines, Iowa. Then off to Naperville, Illinois where we stayed with my Freshman year roomie, Mallory and her husband, Dustin. They have a darling new baby boy, Bryson. We enjoyed a yummy dinner, a trip to Red Mango for some frozen yogurt, river walk to feed the ducks, and a game of Ticket to Ride. It was a blast and so fun to see them again.

Mallory and Me
At the Red MangoMallory and Dustin

The best neighbors in the world...the Barrons.

Our Landlord (always hard at work)

Life is good here in Indy. It's been an adventure and we've made some great friends. Cody still has a little over a month before he starts school. We are loving this time we have together before he's gone the majority of the day or studying!:)

12 comments:

Chris, Hailee and Braxon said...

Hey friends! We miss you already. Seriously... we have not played ANY games since our last game night with you guys. It sounds like you're getting settled in. Chris got a job at the sports acad. doing membership sales. So now he does Greenline, mowes lawns, Sports Acad, and he is also doing errands for Youngblood realestate but I think I'll be taking over that job cause he has a little too much going on. Hope you're doing well and the little babe too!

malibumoons said...

Thanks for the pics Camille! Looks like a gorgeous place. And wow! Already friends with the neighbors. You guys are the friendliest people. I love it.
It's good planning to have like a month before it all starts. holy moly.
Kay, how do you say "hoosiers?"
I always want to say hoser, but that can't be right. And, what is that anyways? Is that the school mascott?

Cody and Camille said...

Woops, sorry Sarah! I probably made this post a little confusing. Those pictures were taken right before we left Logan. So that is our old apartment, landlord, and neighbors. We will definitely get some pictures of the new place ASAP!:)

Hoosier is what Indianans call themselves. Why? No clue. It's also the mascot but I think the state has been calling themselves Hoosiers even before the school was around. Kinda crazy! I don't even know what a Hoosier is! I tried to type how to pronounce it and there are no letters to describe it. Haha:)

Christine said...

Brings back memories...some not so long ago! Thanks for keeping us posted. You are in our prayers.

Mom Moon said...

Here's a pronunciation idea.
who jgerrzz
Think of a soft j or g sound. Or when you're just about to do a shhhhhhh sound pucker up a bit and use more sound from the back of your throat. Put the accent on the first syllable "who".

There was a movie a long time ago about a basketball team that kept talking about the "Hoosiers". That's when I figured out that the people from Indiana are called that.

Great pictures of your adventures. Thanks for letting take part:)

P.S. Dad found the YW binder.

Korey and Lindsey said...

I'm so glad your move went smooth for you guys I hope you guys are doing well and by the way you look great you don't even look prego!!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

It's so crazy that you guys are "Indiana-ites" now!! Hope all is well!
Price Fam

Amanda said...

Glad you made it there safely! Can't wait to see pics of the new place!

Josh and Cambree said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment! I have stumbled upon your blog through Paul and Kyla's. It's fun to see what friends are up to. Congrats and good luck in Indiana and with the baby on the way!

Jamie said...

Hey Camille! It's been so long! Congrats on so many new fun things, we lived in indy when we were first married! It was great! Yay for little boys! You look darling!

Moon family said...

Love the pics of this post and the baby shower too! Good times. It was great to talk to you the other day. We are excited you guys will be coming back to visit soon! Keith told you the party has been moved to Sunday, right? Can't wait to see you!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

I know I am so excited, there will be lot's of testosterone in the Cutler fam! I think its cool that we will have babies around the same time and the same age to grow up together...they will be buds! When are we going to get to see some belly bump pics or do you even have one yet? Anyways hope all is well.
Ker