Thursday, May 21, 2009

Celebrating 2 Years

Cody and I had such a fun time on our anniversary get away.  We started the evening with dinner at the Roof.  The view of the Salt Lake Temple was beautiful of course!  We then walked over to the temple to do sealings.  This has become a tradition to do each year on our anniversary to be reminded of the covenants we made on our wedding day.  On our way to Park City, we stopped by a near by Wendy's to surprise Cody with a chocolate frosty.  This is one of his favorite treats:)  We stayed at the Stein Erikson Lodge which was amazing!  Talk about luxurious.  We were treated like royalty!  The next day we went golfing.  This is what we did on our first date together so it definitely brought back some great memories!  I rode the golf cart like I usually do and cheered Cody on.  

That weekend we stayed with the Moons to celebrate Mother's Day and say our goodbyes before our journey to Indiana.  We needed to get rid of some of our freezer items before we moved so we volunteered to bring the rolls.  We forgot to drop them off before we headed to Salt Lake and this is what we found in our car the next morning...

The dough (which used to be in individual balls) expanded so much it popped the bag!  It was hilarious.


This is how Cody said "Happy Mother's Day" to Mamma Moon... those are her glasses and sun hat:)

We had a wonderful time with the Moons and are missing everyone back home dearly.  We've settled in and are enjoying Indy very much.  We love having Cody's aunt and uncle nearby.  They are awesome.  Our ward is super friendly and have already made us feel super welcome.  We're job hunting like mad men and hope something turns up soon!

5 comments:

Mom Moon said...

Thanks for sharing the memories. We're missing you guys tons. We're also praying that a job will turn up right away. Stay pumped. Love you bunches!

Marianne said...

I'm so glad you loved the Stein Erikson Lodge. Scott and I sure enjoyed it. It makes every other hotel we've stayed at seem like a dump. Miss you guys!

Andrew said...

I love your traditions! I think I'll steal some of those as well... :D

Wow! You guys went real golfing on your first date! I've never heard of that before it's usually mini golfing. Nice! What's your best game Camille? :D

I never saw Cody with mom's stuff on! That's hilarious!

Did you try to bake the rolls still? I totally would have to see what I could make! haha!

Good luck with the search! It's brutal out there! I know, I just barely got out of that situation, but if anyone can get a job, I know it's you two!

P.S. Yay! Of Course! (tee hee!)

Moon family said...

Looks way fun! Love the pics! You seriously look great, I still can't even tell you're pregnant. We have some more baby stuff for you when you come back to visit. We miss you guys already!

malibumoons said...

Are you going to send us pics of your new place? I wanna see. And, come on...you gotta take a real belly shot..are you even pregnant? Seriously, I can't tell either. Take a side shot though, maybe that will be better.
Sounds like you guys partied it up as usual.