Thursday, January 21, 2010

.the hair.

Well I wasn't planning on blogging about the new hairdo, but after being asked a million times, "what made you want to cut your hair?!?"  I couldn't resist!:)  So the reasons are four-fold:
1)  My husband LOVES, I mean LOVES short hair!  Being a girl that has had long hair practically my entire life, this was a tough compromise.  I was actually so head over heels for him when we first started dating  (little did he know), that I cut it pretty darn short then, too!



This one on the left was taken just weeks before I met the short hair lover boy and the one below is obviously after.  Notice the short locks?  That's actually me trying to grow it out for the wedding as we were engaged at the time.  Nice try, right?!  So much for always wanting long hair at my wedding!:)  I must have been, and still am, in love.



2)  Is it just me, or is there something about having a baby, that makes you want to change your look a bit during postpartum?  Something to spunk it up while still working on those last few baby weight pounds?!?  Ya know what I mean?  Well, I sure wanted a change and that's just what I did!:)

3)  K, you can't deny it, well at least all you hair stylists out there can't deny it... my blonde highlights were growing out of this world!!!  We're talking major brown root exposure!  At least 4 inches!  It had been almost a YEAR since it had been colored at all and boy, did it show!

4)  Why not make a little donation to Locks of Love?  Plus, did you know you get a free haircut for donating it?  Well, I was not aware when I first went it for the cut, but was pleasantly surprised!

The "before shot."  Oooo, right?  This is called wash and go.  That grown-out blonde just needed to go!


There it goes!  I was super nervous, but didn't cry or anything.  I don't think I'm quite that attached to my hair.


Goodbye sweet hair!  I do miss you now and then:)  (yes, that is a death grip on my cut off pony tail)





Had to add a splash of carmel.  The way I style it, it's more of a "peek-a-boo" of carmel.





The "after shot."  Done and done.

A big thank you to Alene who not only did a fabulous job, but helped me get through it along my my wonderful hubs.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still love it. It looks good on you! And yes I understand the postpartum need of change.

She Loves To Make said...

I love it! You look great!!!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

I love it!! Yes your blonde was WAY grown out for sure! Love the new look!

Christine said...

Funny, I've been thinking about chopping mine too. Way to go Cams!!! (I will forever love your long locks though).

Moon family said...

You look beautiful no matter how you do your hair! It's way fun to have a change. I'm still proud of you!

Scott and Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott and Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott and Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott and Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott and Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott and Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott and Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott and Jamie said...

Sorry Camille, my computer froze and so I kept clicking "save" button on my comment, and when it unfroze it left a million comments from me. I tried to delete most of them, but my internet is being flakey right now. Sorry!!

Scott and Jamie said...

But my original comment was that I only WISH my husband liked short hair!

Green River High School said...

Super cute! Look at it this way: you can definitely pull off any look, short or long! A lot of people don't have that versatility! :)