Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Green, green, green!

(those brown things are pots of gold if you can't tell:)


Last week was a serious green fest!  It started at a little St. Patty's party at the Jenks' house.  (For reals... Dawn is such a good party planner/hostess!  SO FUN!)  There were tons of little kiddos running all over the place!  It was so fun and SOOO green.  Everyone was decked out in green, there were green decorations everywhere, and every food item was green.  Green apples, green grapes, kiwi, celery w/green dip, broccoli, green rice crispy treats, green mac 'n cheese, green homemade bread, guacamole, green jello cups, salad, limes, green kool aid, green juice boxes, and a whole lot of green frosted shamrock sugar cookies!!!  That's where my non-stop frosting comes in.  One batch seriously makes a TON of cookies, and I made two!

Later that week we had lunch bunch at my house with green chicken chili soup and yes, more cookies!  Then we frosted even more cookies with the Prices (as previously mentioned).  So to some it up, St. Patrick's Day is a day full of green and so we pumped it up with GREEN and a zillion green cookies!  That's a lot of green.


These two little cuties are destined to be buddies.  Jaden and Liam were born just six weeks apart.  Their poppa's go to school together.  This is them just chllin' at the green party.

3 comments:

Daniel and Dawn said...

I'm pathetic.....I haven't put anything up from the party yet! You go girl!! Wow the food ended up looking pretty cool. I never got a actual picture of the food before it was eaten, so I may steal that pic if it's alright! The boys look so cute as normal! Love the post!

Mom Moon said...

I can't get enough of Jaden. He and Liam are adorable! WHAT A GREAT GREEN FEST!

Andrew said...

Holy Green! That's awesome! What kind of dip is that for the celery? That looks like so much fun! Sometimes I wish I got more into St. Patty's...