Sunday, May 2, 2010

7 Months

It feels like I just barely blogged about Jaden's six month mark and now here we are at seven months?!?  What?!?  This month must have been busy since I hardly noticed!  Sorry for the lack of posts and updates... we've just been keepin' busy with some park days, game nights, play-date hoppin, movie nights, dinner with friends, visiting family (and laying concrete), etc.  Just the regular ol' stuff so it didn't seem like a blog post was due.

Anyway, our little man is growing like a weed.  He changes e.v.e.r.y day.  He is such a "grown up" baby.  Just today in church, he fussed because we put the hymn book away.  He pretty much fussed during the entire closing prayer.  What?  This is SO not Jaden.  Does this mean we have to be "real" parents now?  Is it already time to begin "moral training?"  I think so!  Jaden is beginning to understand the meaning of "that's a no" and "hands down," but it sure takes a lot or patience and consistency.  I'm convinced it's harder for the parent to teach than the child to learn!:)

Jaden is a total sweetheart.  We just LOVE his little slobbery kisses and snuggles.  There are only certain times of the day when Jaden will snuggle so I have to just gobble it up while I can.  This boy is definitely independent when it comes to sleep, play, well everything really.  He sure does love attention though!  He is ALL smiles and giggles.  I could probably ramble on forever about all the cute things he does, but I would be typing all day!

On a side note... Jaden has also overcome some crazy allergic reactions this month.  Maybe due to the change in seasons?  He has overcome an outbreak in hives, a small patch of eczema, runny nose, watery/itchy eyes, etc.  What a trooper!  It didn't seem to bother him at all, but it definitely had us on our toes!  Any thoughts on baby allergies???

Our little cutie on camera:
playing some tunes

We have lots of Daddy time around here.  It doesn't matter where I put Jaden down, he somehow finds his way and rolls over to Daddy while he's studying or what not.  I love these boys!

trying out the slide

showing off his new fangs
new favorite chew toy;)

Right before Jaden's 1st "haircut."  I just did one trim to that baby hair sticking straight up.  Look how long it is!

Enjoying authentic Mexican. Yum!

To celebrate 7 months, we let Jaden try fruit for the first time today.  Maybe it was too sweet?:)

8 comments:

Mom Moon said...

So cute.

Have you figured out what Jaden is allergic to? Could be a food allergy, could be something in the air, could be something in the laundry detergent. What is touching his skin? What did he eat within 24 hours of an outbreak?Perhaps you may need to get an air purifier in his room . . . I really don't know. I assume you asked his doctor about all of this.

Wow, he is really growing up.

Paul and Kyla said...

He is one CUTE baby! I love seeing all the pictures of him. And the teeth... adorable! Hopefully we can get together sometime this summer!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Camille--He is so cute...is he getting teeth on the top already? In a couple of the photos it looked like he has some poking through the top!! They do grow so fast.

As far as allergies go...I assume this just happens when you go outside like you said on my post right? Funny you ask because Porter was having the same trouble and even Trey also. Trace even got bit by a mosquito and it swelled up so bad...I thought a spider bit him so I took him to our Chiro and she told me it was not and that they are having such a hard time because 1--Trey was not born here and his skin is not used to big bug bites and 2--Porter just has to build up defenses to the allergies here because since I was born in the west my breast milk does not make antibodies to fight off the allergies he is facing! Does that make sense? So Jaden is the same thing...we also did not get prego with our babes in the midwest either and she said that could have a lot to do with it too. Since our babies are so young there is not really much we can do, their bodies just have to somewhat get used to it...Its hard when they are miserable I know but it makes sense. Chris also advised me to start eating LOCAL honey...like a tablespoon or so a day because then it gets your body with the local pollen to help fight allergies...therefore will go through your breast milk to Jaden. This has seem to be helping me and Porter and I am obsessed with HONEY so I have no problem with eating more than I already do!! LOL;)

If he has it for consecutive days it might be a food, detergent, even the air in your home, ect. Are you using a different lotion? It could also be your water too if it has tons of chlorine in it...some babies do not show reactions to things right away but it is sometimes hard to know.

There are a couple of good allergy articles on the internet...Sorry for the novel but I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions because I hope what I wrote make sense.

Kerri

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Sorry, I missed that you posted that those were his new fangs...Did you know Mom C. got those teeth first too!! Funny. Porter is still teethless!

Cody and Camille said...

Kerri-
Yeah, she said Cody got his fangs first as well! So I guess Jaden does have some Cutler features after all!:) Haha. Dad C. says Jaden actually looks A LOT like Cody when he was a baby. I would have to agree even though the majority says he is all 'me.'

Thanks for all the allergy info! It was very interesting and makes total sense!

Cody and Camille said...

Thanks so much Mom! We are definitely looking into it and have spoken to our doctor as well. I'm almost positive it's something outside. Now we just have to figure out what exactly.

Green River High School said...

He is so cute! Growing like a weed!
PS- Cody's watch is "sick" according to Tyler (he's obsessed with watches)
LOL!

Mom Moon said...

Love the pictures. Can't get enough of Jaden. He is growing like a weed. Memorable times. JOY!D