Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nauvoo

So this past weekend pretty much rocked the house!  Cody planned a surprise anniversary/mother's day getaway to Nauvoo (although he spilled the beans the week before;).  This was my first time in Nauvoo and I LOVED it!

Welcome Cutlers! :D  (we spotted this little street sign while strolling Nauvoo)

checkin' out the hotel room and view of temple

hotel stairway

enjoyed the cute cafes and restaurants

famous fudge factory

loved the shows, activities, and tours

Nauvoo Temple and temple grounds (at sunset and sunrise)

View of Nauvoo from temple grounds

It is so beautiful there!  We did lots of walking and checking everything out.

Mississippi River

Arriving at Carthage.

Carthage Jail: what a humbling experience.

There is an incredible spirit about Nauvoo.  It definitely gave me a much greater appreciation for the early Saints and all that they sacrificed for the church.  I think the greatest lessons that can be learned from them are sacrifice and obedience.  We will definitely visit again!  There was so much to see and one weekend just wasn't enough to hit everything.

7 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

We have been to Nauvoo but we have not been since we have been here. It looks like you had so much fun! Jaden is a tank...he looks like 1 year old!! LOL;) I hope we can go soon!
ps I love the pic with the waterfall...good photos!
Ker

Paul and Kyla said...

What a wonderful weekend! Nauvoo has such a special feeling. What a great Mother's Day gift!

Jenn said...

Looks like you had fun! You always look so darn cute Camille! I wish we lived close to each other because I seriously miss hanging out with you guys. Maybe one day we will live in the same state again :)

Marianne said...

Looking at all your pictures reminds me of our trip there a few years back. I LOVE Nauvoo too! It's a wonderful place with such a wonderful spirit. Glad you could enjoy it yourself. So fun!!!

Mom Moon said...

I'm so happy you were able to go to Nauvoo. There is such a great spirit there. When Dad and I went in the fall of 1992 it was quiet from the hubbub of the summer. The temple had not been rebuilt yet. We felt such a closeness to the prophet Joseph. It was remarkable. Humbling is a good way to capture the feel of the sacrifices he and Hyrum made for the kingdom culminating in their martyrdoms.

Christine said...

Oh what a totally awesome trip. You really captured the beauty of Nauvoo. I'm so glad you got to visit. What beautiful pictures

p.s. McCoy wants you to know that she loves you so.

Moon family said...

Awesome! What a neat experience. We want to go to Navoo someday too. I just love your pictures! So cute and looks way fun!