Our state fair is a great state fair,
Don't miss it, don't even be late.
It's dollars to donuts
That our state fair
Is the best state fair in our state.
Don't miss it, don't even be late.
It's dollars to donuts
That our state fair
Is the best state fair in our state.
This song has been stuck in my head for the past month! I've been singing it ever since we went to the Indiana State Fair, and I'm pretty sure it's driving Cody a bit crazy! We had such a great time though, so sometimes you just can't help singing about it!:) Ha. So anyway, here's a glimpse at what fun we had:
one word. fried.
:pig races:
:John Deere expo:
:parade:
:very cool bridge:
:animals:
Can you just see how hot it was? We kept fanning Jaden to keep him cool. This is his attempt to do the same.






3 comments:
Okay, so here's an idea for a Ward Party (not that you need any tips, I'm sure your creative juices are constantly on alert:). . . have a "State Fair" minus the real animals and rides. Hmmmm . . . how could that work? Dunking machine, bobbing for apples, pin the tail on the donkey, homemade pie and ice cream ( or buy the ice cream.), cotton candy machine if allowed, if outside may work or perhaps too expensive, FRIED FOOD? perhaps stick with hot dogs with a fun name, rides? perhaps do relays instead, display canned foods or home storage items and have a provident living moment, do you remember how cool Jen's and Keith's reception looked? or consider fruit breads? You could have an artist type do the people with the faces cut out and do pictures like you did . . .there are just so many possibilities . . . Dad and I saw a Broadway musical called "State Fair" which there is also an old movie out that is similar. I think it stars Elvis Presley in his younger years. That may give some clues, too.
"A Good Old Fashioned State Fair" (Something for everyone!). (Just a thought:)
I think your mom's a genius with the state fair party idea! No wonder her daughter is so full of great ideas!
I should just tell you now, despite how creepy this sounds, you and your cute family are never leaving the G2 ward! At least until we do. ;-)
Heck Yeah! I love fairs. The Indiana State Fair looks amazing. And what's up with the little guy turning ONE soon?!?! Whoa.. time flies!
Post a Comment