Tuesday, February 1, 2011

: an end to the cruisin :

It's February and I'm still posting about our cruise!  Oh dear.  At least I can say it's been busy, busy, busy.  Had way too many appointments and get-togethers last week (no complaints there), prepared a talk for sacrament meeting, felt like a single momma while Cody prepared for a big exam, all the while trying to deny the fact that I was getting sick, sick, and more sick!  Day by day my symptoms got worse, and by Saturday night I was left with no voice!  Nothing!  I was lucky to get the faint sound of a bird out of my lungs.

But enough of the sob story... let's finish up this crazy fun cruise business! 

Day 4: Sea Day
Day 5: Limon, Costa Rica
Day 6: Colon, Panama
Day 7: Christmas Eve at Sea
Day 8: Christmas Day at Sea

After returning to the ship from Cozumel, we did some chillin' around the ship.  Then spent the rest of the evening relaxing in the hot tub in front of the big screen. 


Pretty sure the boys were glued to whatever football game was on:)

We had a lot of fun on the ship while we boogied on down to Costa Rica.  We played a very windy game of shuffleboard, which seems to be a Cutler tradition while on vacation.  So fun!

:Cody and Casey showing off their skills:

:Jaden didn't let the wind slow him down from exploring the ship:

Did I mention the wind factor?

Those boys somehow coaxed Kimber and I to just hang around and watch while they got in some arcade time.  Of course, Jaden didn't mind!

:swimming:
 That night, we watched a fun show featuring music from the 50's.  I love that era.  So many fun swing songs!  Cody and I walked the deck and then met up with the rest of the gang to watch a movie on the big screen.

 Then it was Costa Rica time!  We made some last minute plans and went on a boat tour of the rain forest canals.  It felt like we were on a jungle safari.  Lots of wildlife and gorgeous greenery! 

:Jaden slept through the whole thing:

To give you and idea of the many creatures...


Of course the men were gutsy enough to chill with the little alligator dude.

Then we spent some time at the beach!  The water felt great and the sand was so soft.

By this point, Kimber was under the weather.  By the following day, Derek and I had also joined the sick club.  So when we got to Panama, we had to stay back on the ship:(

What a beautiful city though!

Casey, Kimber, and Tay did a really fun excursion of kayaking the canal! 

While the Prices toured the city ~ musicians, dancers, and authentic dressers!  What a fun culture!

On Christmas Eve, we relaxed on deck and soaked up some sun.

That night we dressed it up for some elegant dining.

:posing for the camera by the Christmas tree:

On Christmas day, we wanted to do something fun for Jaden.  Camp Carnival only allows kids under the age of 2 to come from 8-10 in the morning.  So we woke up early and hurried over to let him play to his hearts content.  He was in heaven!  By this point, he was so stinkin' bored of the few toys we brought and needed a change of scenery.  He went nuts and had so much fun! 

Later that afternoon, we went on a mission to find the tip of the boat so we could have our "titanic moment."  Ya know... this one.

After exploring a maze of the ship and somehow getting behind doors that said, "crew only" we finally settled for this.  Which was equally fabulous and so close to the water.  Kinda scary, actually!

We also hit up the farewell party, treated ourselves to some refreshing specialty drinks, and gamed it up.

They did a cute holiday show, too.  Treyson got to participate and he was super cute up there!

Christmas dinner was super fancy.  The chefs went all out with their food decor.  I didn't get any pictures, but the midnight dessert extravaganza was incredible.  Huge ice sculptures of Santa and his sleigh and every little sweet you could think of.
Do you love that Christmas sunset??? :)

The next day came, and it was time to say our goodbyes :(

Thank you Mom and Dad C. for such a fantastic Christmas.  Definitely one of the most memorable Christmases ever!

5 comments:

Kimber said...

i'm glad you finished the cruise in february, that makes it even better :)

Marianne said...

We are sick too. The whole family. So not fun! Hope you get better soon. Man I could use a cruise right now. Did they have a daycare for the kids? Or did you have Jaden with you the whole time? BTW you look like a total babe!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! I would love to go on a cruise over Christmas.

Brittany said...

Fun! I am so jealous that you and Britt both went on a cruise. This winter has been the perfect time to go. I swear it's never going to stop snowing. Looks like it's my turn next. :)

Andrew said...

Congratulations on finishing blogging about the cruise! What a feat!

It looks like tons of fun and eventually I want to go on a cruise. I guess I'll have to settle for Italy! ;)

Did you get any more pictures of the garnishes? I would totally love to figure out how they made the flowers around the bird.