Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Guys & Girls Trips

Although many of our friends have moved all over the country, we get together as often as we can.  About every other year, the girls will take a girl's trip together.  It's always so fun!  The guys have started to do the same and will plan it around their annual fantasy football draft.  They met up in Chicago this year and had a grand ol' time.

They checked out Wrigley Field... home of the Chicago Cubs.

Rode the subway.

Enjoyed a dine-in theater.


Explored the city.






Including the infamous "bean"... aka Cloud Gate.



After loads of Chicago pizza they went to a Bears game at Soldier Field.






A few more buddies drove up from Indiana the last day and they definitely had a full house at their little Airbnb place they stayed in:)  So fun having the whole gang together! 


And we survived at home!;)  Even made it to church on time.

A few weeks later the girls all met up in Park City, UT for our girls trip!  Rachel found a great flight to Phoenix, so I picked her up and we drove straight on to Utah through the night.  We made it the next morning totally exhausted but excited for the fun times ahead. 

It happened to be the same weekend as my parent's 40th wedding anniversary so we made a stop at Cheesecake Factory for lunch with the Moon fam.  So glad I got to be there to join in the celebration of my wonderful parents.  Happy 40th!



On our way to Provo to meet up at Lacey's house, Rachel and I hit a glass bottle as we were exiting the freeway and it slashed my tire!  We rolled into Lacey's neighborhood and recruited some of her neighbors to teach me the ropes of changing a tire.  Quite eventful, but gotta learn a few tricks of the trade.

Once we finally cleaned up and recouped from our trip, we were off to Park City to meet up with the rest of the group.  Had to get some swig on our way out too!

Together at last!  From Cali, Arizona, Idaho, Indiana, and Utah... so great to be reunited!

Lacey got us a great suite to enjoy during our stay with a sweet view of the mountains I've missed so much!

Our first we night we ate a great Mexican place and then relaxed in the hot tub.

We spent a day at Olympic Park and had a great time checking out all the fun things to do and see.

The Autumn leaves were gorgeous of course.


We thought we were pretty cool all squeezing into a bobsled...



The freestyle pool was so cool to watch!  Jumpers practicing their tricks and landings in the warmer months... all on skis!

We also took a ski lift up the mountain to do some extreme tubing down the Nordic ski jumps!  It was epic!

I went down the smallest of the three a couple times and a few of the girls were brave and went down the bigger one.  The biggest is for employees only.  It's crazy steep!


We had a blast!

Grabbed some lunch,

and headed back to the hotel for some relaxing:)

That night we freshened up for a night on the town.


Downtown Park City is fantastic!  Quaint but modern.  Lots of fun shops to check out.



I was super stoked about finding fry sauce again!  Only in Utah!

We also found a fun dance club on our way back to get our jiggy on for a bit.



Lots of manicures that night before heading to bed.

Although I would usually just pass out from all the fun.. like every night!  Had to make up for the all-nighter on our way up!;)

On Sunday we went to Sacrament meeting and then headed up the mountain for some hiking and a picnic.

Beautiful views from our lift.



The trail was gorgeous!




Fancied up our Sunday dinner with grape juice and lasagna.

 Road tripping' back home with this chick.  Love her!

How Cody treated himself while I was away, with some coaxing from Jaden;)

Tried out his hand at a bit of baking too:)

And yes these sweeties were all well taken care of by Daddy.  Missed them like crazy!
Loved taking some mommy time away and hanging with the best of the best.  Until next time!

I think it's important to note and definitely something I would never want to forget, but while on the girls' trip I found out I was pregnant!  It was so fun sharing in the excitement with my best gal pals and thinking of fun ways to tell the kiddos when I got home.  We shopped for little gifts and souvenirs for each of them including one for the new baby.  Well about 5 weeks later we found out the baby wasn't thriving and growing the way it should.  At about 9 1/2 weeks along, the baby miscarried.  We were devastated.  It was a special and unique kind of loss that we hold near and dear to our hearts.  I don't have much as far as keepsakes go to remember my 4th pregnancy.  Just the pregnancy test, little stuffed elephant we picked out for him while in Park City, hospital band from the day I found out about the miscarriage, a detailed journal entry, and an ultrasound picture I intend to retrieve from my doctor.  I find it significant though that I happen to share our baby's story just a day away from his due date, May 10th.  We won't forget you little guy and it was a joy to carry you even for a short time:)

Sharing the news with the kiddos:)







So grateful to be a momma!

No comments: