Wednesday, May 28, 2014

outings and celebrations

I always love a date night with my man. 

couples massage and dinner on the patio of a darling Italian Restaurant was just perfect

Cinco de Mayo!
Cody served his mission in Mexico, so we like to take advantage of any excuse for Mexican food:)  Here he is shredding the meat for our taco bar.

The Elders joined us for a Mexican feast complete with horchata, tres leches cake, and chocolate covered bananas



Our 7th Anniversary!

  Although we celebrated with a weekend get-away back in January, we couldn't let the day slip by without a surprise flower delivery, surprise lunch delivery to Cody's office,

and dinner at one of our favorites, Olive Garden!
(I wasn't ready for the pic, but everyone else looked great so whatevs;)

To end the evening, I attempted a new recipe I found in a magazine at the doctor's office...
chocolate strawberry shortcake sliders.  Pretty good!

and Mother's Day!
I felt so spoiled: my favorite french toast breakfast with strawberries and caramelized bananas, homemade cards and gifts, delicious Sunday dinner (no cooking for me!) and a day to remember how blessed I am to have these 2 (now 3) cute kiddos in my life:)

1 comment:

Mom Moon said...

Wow, you even did a blog!!! Love these entires. I think you look great in the picture that you said you weren't quite ready for. What a darling family . . . now 5:)